Project Innovation Framework for Challenge Oriented Intelligent Manufacturing – InforM – aims at creating a cross-sectorial integrated Innovation Support Digital Framework for the mechatronics and mechanical engineering SMEs with the objective to support companies in the digital transformation process.
Framework is smart, knowledge intensive and flexible innovation support structure, where the nodes (different institutions) have been determined and mapped to answer to the needs of manufacturing. The Framework develops and implements customised smart engineering and educational solutions responding to the actual needs of the SMEs in BSR.
Duration: January 2019-June 2021
Total budget: 1,964,050 EUR
European Regional Development Fund: 1,600,887.50 EUR
Partnership consists of 9 institutions from 6 countries representing wide circle of end users (mechatronics industry) and R&D.
- Tallinn University of Technology (EE)
- Innovative Manufacturing Engineering Systems Competence Centre (EE)
- Machine Technology Center Turku Ltd. (FI)
- Lappeenranta University of Technology (FI)
- Odense Robotics (DK)
- Vocational education and training center "Liepajas State Technical school" (LV)
- Lithuanian Innovation Centre (LT)
- Klaipeda Science and Technology Park (LT)
- Torun Technology Park (PL)
- mapping the target SMEs digital readiness and challenges in partner regions,
- defining partner regions´ specific competences and existing best collaboration practices,
- modelling a transregional collaboration model for Innovation Support Digital Framework with the functionalities for accumulating, analysing and generating new knowledge, solutions and case studies, as well as offering engineering, educational and consultancy support to SME`s,
- developing a Smart Solutions Virtual Environment as a collaboration platform,
- piloting the Innovation Support Framework by selecting, developing and putting in practice nine real support measures to the SME`s via Smart Solutions Virtual Environment.